Today I'm using another one of those cool Sizzix Flip-it dies by Stephanie Barnard. I just scored this one during my 4-hour Michael's Thanksgiving evening/Black Friday shopping spree with a good friend. This was a total bargain after multiple discounts were applied. Anyhow, back to the card...
|Front of the card|
|Flip-It to see the other side...|
- White card stock: 6"W x 8.5"H
- Patterned paper: 6"x6"
- Pink, green, white card stock for the center circle
- Sizzix Circle Flip-its Die
- The Stamps of Life ornaments4christmas stamp set
- Pink baker's twine (The Twinery)
- Fuchsia/White grosgrain ribbon (Michael's)
- Ranger White embossing powder
- Stampendous Sterling Silver embossing powder
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Amour opaque embossing powder
- Tsukineko Versamark Ink
- Mini Glue Dots
- Adhesive Tape Runner
- Martha Stewart Crafts Heat Tool (for embossing)
- 1/8" circle punch for the ornament topper
- Foam Adhesive
- Take the largest die and cut out the card base from the white card stock
- Take the two side panel dies and cut them out of the patterned paper. I used double-sided paper so I could have chosen a different side to display, but I decided to use the ornament side only.
- Use the largest scalloped circle to cut out one green and one pink circle
- Use the largest pierced circle to cut out one white and one green circle
- For the front ornament circle:
- Stamp the ornament using Versamark ink onto spare white card stock. Sprinkle with the pink (amour) embossing powder and heat set it. Cut out by hand.
- Stamp the ornament topper with Versamark onto spare white card stock. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder and heat set it. Punch a circle out in the center and cut out the topper. Tie baker's twine through the hole.
- Glue the ornament to the white stitched circle and use a glue dot to adhere the topper.
- Adhere to the card base using foam adhesive for added dimension
- See below for a close up of how this looks
- For the back "ho ho ho" circle:
- Stamp the "Ho Ho Ho" sentiment onto the green card stock using Versamark ink. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set it.
- Adhere this to the pink scalloped circle.
- Adhere to the card base.
- The final step is adding the ribbon on the right panel. I LOVE grosgrain ribbon. You will probably see this ribbon make many appearances over the next 25 days.
- Use glue dots to adhere the ribbon to the right side panel of patterned paper.
- Glue the patterned paper to the card base.
- That's it!
Ho Ho Ho! Very merry fun!