Friday, December 19, 2014

Countdown to Xmas: 25 Cards, 25 Days - Day 19

I drove by a house in my neighborhood that was completed decorated for the holidays.  They had Santa, Frosty, several reindeer, life-sized ornaments and gifts in multiple colors.  So festive, so bright!  That inspired me to make today's multi-colored card.  Luckily, I found this Merry Christmas sticker in my sticker box.  It's a Mrs. Grossman's sticker.  Do you remember collecting Mrs. Grossman's stickers as a kid?  Their Classic Bear was one of my favorites.


I also wanted to use up some scraps, so I dug through my scrap paper folders (all color-coded, of course) and pulled out different colors.  The ornament paper background is left over from the Day 8 ornament card.

Materials:
  • White card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
  • Ornament patterned paper: 4.25"W x 5.5"H
  • White card front: approx. 4"W x 5.25"H
  • Sizzix Triplits Gifts Dies by Stephanie Barnard
  • Mrs. Grossman's Merry Christmas sticker
  • Various patterned papers
Directions:
  • Place sticker on white card stock.  Cut a piece of patterned paper approximately 1/8" longer on each side and frame the sticker.
  • Cut out two gift boxes.  Mix and match different papers to make the style you want.
  • Glue sentiment and gift boxes to the front of the card.  Use foam adhesive to add dimension.  
  • Adhere white layer to ornament patterned paper layer.  
  • Glue card front to card base.

Simple, easy and colorful!  May your days be merry and bright!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!