Saturday, August 20, 2016

Happy Birthday, Ge! | Mama Elephant & The Stamps of Life

Hi friends,

It's my older brother's birthday today! Happy Birthday, Ge! He doesn't enjoy celebrating his birthday as much as I do, but then again, I love celebrating ALL birthdays!  I made this card featuring the two of us on a rooftop with a pig balloon.  He was born in the year of the Pig.  When I was a kid, I wanted to adventure onto the top of our roof... and become the ultimate Fiddler on the Roof.  My brother helped me achieve that goal.  He figured out a way to climb out the bathroom window.  We had two levels of roofs... a shorter one and a taller one.  I asked him to give me a boost to the top roof... but I don't think it was very successful because I was laughing the whole time.  We ended up staying out there for 5-10 minutes and came back in.  So sneaky!

I didn't have a rooftop stamp or die cut that was wide enough for a card, so I decided to use a scallop border die from The Stamps of Life to make my own roof.  I paired this with the Carried Away and Lunar Animals stamps from Mama Elephant.  Here's the card:

Materials:

Directions:
  • Please watch my YouTube video here to see how I made this card from start-to-finish.
Click on this image to watch my video on YouTube
Enjoy and Happy Birthday, Ge!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!