Saturday, December 6, 2014

Countdown to Xmas: 25 Cards, 25 Days - Day SIX

Happy Saturday!  Do you want to build a snowman?  I'll have to admit, I'm a little lukewarm on today's card.  I knew I wanted to use the snowman stamps from Mama Elephant's Polar Pals stamp set, but I couldn't figure out exactly what to do with them.  So I tried making a tag.  It was looking kind of plain, so I started adding more detail.  The enamel accents on the snowflakes helped a little as well... but it's not my favorite card.  Hope you still enjoy it!


Materials:


Directions:
  • Cut two tags using the dies; one white, one kraft.  For the kraft version, trim off the pierced edges so it's slightly smaller than the white tag.
  • Stamp the snow people and heart garland on the kraft tag with Versamark ink.  Add white embossing powder and heat emboss it.
  • Stamp the snowflakes on the kraft tag with Versamark ink.  Add clear embossing powder and heat emboss it.
  • Color in the hat, earmuffs and scarf using Sharpie markers
  • Fill in parts of the snow people and fake snow piles using white gel pen.
  • Mark the placement of the tag on the card stock and stamp the "warm holiday wishes" sentiment right below the tag.
  • Glue the kraft tag to the white tag and punch a hole for the ribbon.  Tie ribbon through the hole.
  • Adhere the tag to the card base using foam adhesive to create dimension.
  • Finally, add enamel accents on the snowflake.  Allow to dry before touching.
Enjoy!  Sending you warm holiday wishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!