Friday, December 12, 2014

Countdown to Xmas: 25 Cards, 25 Days - Day 12

Hi everyone,

Last month, I was flipping through some magazines - Martha Stewart Living, Real Simple, Stationery Trends, the Paper Source catalog (yes, I consider that a magazine)... and I saw some paper rosettes.  I said to myself, "I want to make some rosettes!"  I'm sure you all say that every now and then.  So, I gathered my supplies, started my new craft project, got sidetracked and never finished them.  Fast-forward a week later and a good friend of mine came over for a craft night.  We finished making rosettes that night.  She used them for a bridal shower while I still didn't know what to do with mine.  I gave a few to friends' kids during Thanksgiving weekend, but I still had a pile sitting on my desk.  So, that's my long way of saying... I made a card with one of those mini rosettes today!  I used Carta Bella Merry and Bright (surprise, surprise) patterned paper for the rosettes.  Carta Bella makes really study, heavier, textured patterned paper.  I love their designs too.


And, in case this looks familiar, I also used a few Christmas trees similar (practically identical) to the ones in the Day 4 Gingerbread House card.

Materials:


Directions:

  • Make a mini paper rosette.  Score the 12"W x 1"H paper at the 0.25" mark.  Fold in accordion style as if you were folding a fan.  Cut off one of the ends (0.25"W).  Glue to the two ends together so it forms a circle.  Squish the circle down to form the rosette.  Apply hot glue to the center (don't burn your hands) and hold in place for a few minutes until the glue cools).  
  • Eventually I'll make a video or post how this is done. 
  • Stamp the Christmas tree on white card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Color with Copic Markers.  Add white accents on the tree and cover with Wink of Stella Glitter.  Cut this out from the coordinating die cut.  Make two trees.
  • String twine across the back of the rosette and glue in place.
  • Cut two stitched circles and place them in the center of each side of the rosette.  Add the trees to the center using foam adhesive.
  • Temporarily adhere the red card front to the white card base.  Place the scalloped circle die in the center of the card and die cut through both pieces of paper.  Remove the red front and set aside.
  • Use strong adhesive (like Scor-Tape) to adhere the twine and roses to the white card base.  See image below:

This is what's hiding under the red card stock front panel
  • Place adhesive on the back of the red card stock.  Glue the red card stock to the front of the white base; be sure to line-up the scalloped circle.
  • And... there you have it!  A spinning tree card.
Have a Spintastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!