Today's post is a little late, but technically it's still "Day 10" here in CA and some of you night owls on the East Coast may still see it tonight. Otherwise, it'll be a fun surprise for tomorrow AM!
For Day 10, I went with a simple and elegant holiday card using several wafer steel cut dies from Simon Says Stamp. Originally it was all white, but I felt it was missing something so I added some glitter paper to make it sparkle.
- White card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5"mark
- White card stock for the tree cutout window and snow slopes
- Glitter Paper: 3.75"W x 5"H
- Simon Says Wafer Dies:
- Mini Pearl Embellishments
- Ranger Embossing Powder, Silver Pearl
- Tsukineko Versamark Ink
- Mama Elephant Polar Pals Stamp for sentiment
- Adhesive Tape Runner
- Adhesive Foam Squares
- Use the large stitched rectangle die from the Stitched Shapes set and cut out two white stitched rectangles. One will be used for the layer with the tree. The other will be used to cut out the two snow slopes.
- Take one of the rectangles and cut out two snowy slopes - you can decide which shapes to use. Just make sure they look good when layered.
- Take the other rectangle and cut the Christmas tree from the Deco Trees set. You want this tree to be closer to the top of the card to make room for the snow slopes.
- This Christmas tree has so much detail, I love it! The little swirls stick out so it gives more dimension to the tree. I added mini pearls to each of the swirls. Here's a close-up of how that looks:
- Take the front slope and stamp the sentiment using Versamark Ink and heat emboss it. It's hard to see in the photo, but the silver pearl embossing powder on white paper looks super awesome and elegant. Here's a close-up of the sentiment. The light bounces off the "and" to show you how it looks.
- Now assemble the card. Adhere the glitter paper to the card base. Place the tree layer on top of the glitter paper using foam adhesive to add some dimension. Place the first slope on top of the tree layer. Add the last slope with the sentiment to the front of the card. Use foam adhesive for this layer too.
- Add a few more pearls to the sentiment and you're done!
Have a merry and bright, super elegant Christmas!