We're on a roll. Day 3 already! Shaker cards are all the rage these days. I made a Chibitronics Halloween shaker card a few months ago. Today I decided to make a snowy shaker card. The Polar Pals stamps and matching creative cuts dies from Mama Elephant are two of my new favorites. Get ready to see more of these characters in future cards. For this card, I cut out the female penguin... and colored her PINK... my favorite color (in case you couldn't tell from this blog).
- Pink card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Patterned Paper from Carta Bella (the tinseled trees and blue polka dots are on the same piece of double-sided paper from this Merry and Bright collection, this is by far my favorite holiday collection)
- 4"W x 5.5"H - tree patterned paper
- 3"W x 5"H blue polka dot background
- 3" Square from which the scalloped frame will be cut
- Acetate paper for window: 3" Square
- Craft foam: 3"W x 5"H
- Sizzix Scalloped Circle Framelits
- Mama Elephant Polar Pals stamps and matching dies
- Green polka dot ribbon
- White glass beads
- Copic Markers
- Tsukineko Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Liquid glue or other strong adhesive
- Choose two scalloped circle dies (I use the 2.125" and 2.5" dies); cut window using the smaller one in the tree paper. Cut larger window in the craft foam. Use both dies to cut the blue frame on the front.
- Glue scalloped circle to front of the card to frame the window.
- Glue acetate to back of the window.
- Tie ribbon to the front panel.
- Stamp "cheer" on the blue polka dot background
- Color the penguin using copic markers and die cut accordingly
- Adhere the penguin to the back window
- Adhere the craft foam on top of the blue background making sure the penguin and "cheer" show through.
- Once glue dries, add glass beads. Attached top of card with liquid glue and allow to dry completely.
- Adhere shaker section of the card to the card base.
Shake it up! Enjoy!