I'm so excited to be participating in another fun Chibitronics collaboration. Today we have teamed up with the Avery Elle design team to bring you some super fun projects.
I took the new Avery Elle chalet stamp set which features some really fun "build your own" Christmas-themed chalet, but I turned it into a spooky haunted house card for Halloween. You can watch my YouTube video to see how I masked out parts of the stamp set to make it more Halloween-themed. I also used the Avery Elle Merriest stamps for my sentiments. I love these sentiments and I am pretty sure you'll be seeing a lot more of these in future projects. I finished it off with their Wonky Stitches dies.
To make the card light-up, I started with the Chibitronics LED circuit sticker starter kit and made a parallel circuit, but instead of the starter kit lights (red, yellow, blue), I used the Tropical Lights add-ons to add more color. I love the pinkish purple, green and orange lights. They fit perfectly with any Halloween (or Mardi Gras) themed projects!
Here is the finished card:
|A haunted light-up card featuring Avery Elle and Chibitronics products.|
|Watch those light glow - how spooky!|
- Avery Elle: Chalet stamps and dies*
- Avery Elle: Merriest stamps*
- Avery Elle: Wonky stitches dies
- Chibitronics: LED Circuit Stickers Starter Kit
- Chibitronics: Tropical Lights add-on MegaPack
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Copic Markers:
- House and Roof: C3, C5, C7
- Tombstone: C1, C3, C5
- Greens: G40, YG07, YG13
- Purples: V12, V15, V17
- Oranges: YR21, YR15, YR16
- Yellow: YG21
- Foam Adhesive
- Adhesive Tape Runner
- Purple and white card stock.
- Please watch my video on YouTube to see how this came together.
|Click the image above to see how I made this card on YouTube.|
- Avery Elle is a small corporation located in Southern California. They launched their first set of whimsical stamps in June 2012 and have now expanded into stamps, dies, and color coordinating pigment ink pads, patterned paper pads, twine and A2 top folding note cards. Avery Elle stamps, dies and paper are all proudly made right here in the USA.
- Don't forget to check out their shop and design blog, or you can also follow them on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Learn more about Chibitronics and check out more tutorials on their website. You can find the products used here in their shop. You can also follow them on social media: Facebook and Twitter.
Note: the products noted with an asterisk (*) were generously provided by the sponsors. All other products I purchased on my own. All opinions expressed are my own.