I has been a long time since I've posted cards... but rest assured there are many cards (and videos) coming your way shortly. Today, I'm posting another fun design team collabortation card. The Chibitronics design team paired up with Lawn Fawn once again to bring you some festive holiday cards. I used the Frosty Fairy Friends stamps and dies to make this card.
- Chibitronics: Chibi Lights LED Circuit Stickers starter kit*
- Lawn Fawn: Frosty Fairy Friends stamps and dies*
- Lawn Fawn: Cross Stitched Squares dies (large and small)
- Lawn Fawn: Stitched Hillside borders dies
- Distress Ink: Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves
- Copic Markers
- Foam Adhesive
- Adhesive Tape Runner
- White card stock
- 4"x4" square for the sky background
- 4"x8" card base
- extra card stock for frame and hills
- Stamp all the images, color with copic markers, cut out using coordinating dies
- Die cut stitched hillside borders to make two hills
- Die cut the cross-stitched frame
- Use distress inks to blend the sky
- Place all elements on the card to find the spot where the light sticker should go.
- Punch a hole in the treehouse window and mark the spot on the sky card with a pencil
- Punch a hole in the sky card.
- Place sky card over the card base and mark the spot with a pencil. This is where the light sticker goes.
- Using copper tape, lay down a positive and negative lead to the battery holder and place sticker on top of the copper tape right over your pencil mark. Place battery in battery holder.
- Add foam adhesive in two layers around the entire card base and three sides of the battery holder to keep the battery from slipping out.
- Attach the sky background.
- Layer the scene on top using foam adhesive and adhesive tape runner.
- To turn off the battery, insert a scrap piece of card stock in between the battery and the copper tape. When the recipient pulls the tab, the card will light up.