I'm here with another birthday card tutorial. I made this card for my eldest uncle on my mom's side of the family. My uncle was also born in the year of the bull/cow, so I'm using the awesome Lunar Animals stamps from Mama Elephant to make this birthday card. While my uncle has a very healthy appetite (he especially loves seafood and soup), he is also very healthy. He can do all these crazy difficult yoga poses that I can only dream of doing. Haha. He spends half the year on the East Coast, so I thought the sentiment from Mama Elephant's Up and Away stamp set was also perfect for this card.
- Mama Elephant: Lunar Animals Stamps and dies
- Mama Elephant: Up and Away stamps
- Mama Elephant: Reindeer Games stamps and dies
- Mama Elephant: Ella and Friends stamps and dies
- Spellbinders: A2 Matting Basics
- Sizzix: Circle Framelits
- Mama Elephant: Sew Fancy dies
- Mama Elephant: Picket Fence die
- Distress Ink: tumbled glass
- Copic Markers:
- C00, C1, C3, C5, C7
- R20, R22, R24
- Y00, Y08
- Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder
- Martha Stewart Heat Tool
- Versamark Ink
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Foam Adhesive
- Glue Pen
- Adhesive Tape Runner
Directions on YouTube:
- Visit my Bubblegum Paper YouTube channel to see how I made this card from start to finish. You can also click the image below:
|Click the image to watch a video of this card!|
Directions - Step By Step:
- Stamp the cow, bunny, gifts and party hats with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and color with Copic Markers. Die cut all the pieces.
- Die cut the cross stitched card front twice. In one insert, die cut the Sizzix circles in the lower right corner to create a window. Stamp the sentiment and heat emboss using embossing powder.
- In the second insert, cover the cross stitch edge border with washi tape and ink blend a sky background using tumbled glass distress ink.
- Die cut the picket fence from white and green card stock. The green will server as the grassy bottom layer.
- Assemble the card according to the image above. Move from the back to the front, so start with the grass, then the cow w/hat, then the fence and finally the bunny and gifts.
- Using foam adhesive, layer the "sending smiles" front on top of the card.
Happy Happy Birthday, Da Jiu Jiu!