I decided to stray from the traditional red/green color combination and made a purple/aqua card. It's a generic "happy holidays" card using the Taylored Expressions hearts cutting plate along with some product you've seen in previous cards. The cute Polar Pals Penguin from Mama Elephant makes her appearance again in today's card.
- White card base: 5.5"W x 8.5"H, scored at 4.25" mark
- Purple cardstock: 5.5"W x 8.5"H - this will be used for the heart cutting plate border and the circle die.
- Aqua Paper and Happy Holidays Sticker (Carta Bella Merry and Bright)
- Sizzix Adhesive sheets
- Sizzix Scalloped Circles dies
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles dies
- Mama Elephant Polar Pals stamp and die set
- Taylored Expressions Hearts cutting plate
- Spellbinders Back to Basic Tags die
- Lilac Baker's Twine (The Twinery)
- Copic Markers
- Foam Adhesive
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Stamp the Penguin on white card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and color with Copic markers
- Cut a scalloped circle from the Aqua Paper, Stitched Circle from the purple paper and plain circle from the white card stock. Glue all three layers together and put the penguin on top with foam adhesive.
- Adhere one Sizzix Adhesive Sheet to the back of the purple card stock (at least 4.25" x 5.5"). Also add some waxed paper between the heart cutting plate and the card stock. This will prevent the paper from getting stuck in the cutting plate.
- Repeat the previous step with Aqua paper. You only need to die-cut half the heart cutting plate since you only need 14 aqua hearts.
- Place the purple heart pattern on the white card base, remove the hearts, but keep the little pieces between the hearts in place. Create a "ribbon" - vertical and horizontal lines using the aqua hearts.
- Adhere the Penguin piece over the intersection of the aqua hearts.
- Die cut the tag and add the twine and sticker. Adhere to lower right corner with a foam dot.
- Here's a close-up of all the die-cutting for this card: