Today I'm featuring the Mama Elephant Playful Pups stamps and creative cuts (dies) set. This set was released last month, but I haven't had a chance to use it until today. I wanted to keep the design "clean and simple" and I wanted to incorporate some of those awesome Mama Elephant script dies. So here are the three cards:
- Mama Elephant Playful Pups Stamps and Dies
- Mama Elephant "Hello" Script Die
- Mama Elephant "Smile" Script Die
- Mama Elephant "Thanks" Script Die
- White card stock for the card base (2 - 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark and 1 - 5.5"W x 8.5"H, scored at 4.25" mark for the hello card)
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles dies
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles dies
- Sizzix Nested Oval Dies
- Distress Inks for Watercolor Background
- Watercolor Paper (Approx 4.25"H x 5.5"W)
- Copic Markers:
- Dog: E53, E55, E57
- Red Accessories: R20, R24
- Tennis Ball: YG21, YG03
- Foam Adhesive (tons of it)
- Liquid Glue
- Adhesive Tape Runner
- First make the watercolor background paper. I mixed a variety of distress inks to make the red, blue and yellow water color background. I added some pigment ink to make a subtle bokeh effect. I don't know how visible that ended up being, so you could skip that step if you wanted.
- While the watercolor paper is drying, die cut the layout from a piece of white card stock. You can die cut everything (except the pups) all in one pass:
- Stitched Rectangle (largest size)
- Two sizes of the circle or oval dies
- Script dies
- Once the watercolor paper has dried, run it through the die cut machine with the largest stitched rectangle die so it's the same size as you layout.
- Stamp the Playful Pups on Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Color with Copic Markers. Die cut using the coordinating dies.
- I wanted to add dimension to these cards, so I used foam adhesive under the front panel, but I glued the frames (circle and ovals) directly onto the watercolor paper. I also glued the innards of the words (loops between the letters) directly onto the watercolor paper too.
- Add tons of foam adhesive to the back of the front panel and glue that on top of the water color paper.
- Add the puppies using foam adhesive.
- Adhere this entire piece to the front of the card base.
Thanks for checking out these cards!