Tuesday, December 1, 2015

2015 Countdown to Xmas: 25 Days, 25 Cards - Card #1

Hi everyone!

Happy Holidays!  It's that time of year again!  Welcome to my 2nd Annual Countdown to Xmas: 25 Days, 25 Cards!  I am challenging myself to make and post 25 different holiday cards between now and Christmas Day. If you missed my series last year, you can click here to view all the cards. This year, I may even throw in a "how-to" video or two or three depending on how much time I have.

For Day 1, I'm keeping it simple... I used these cute Reindeer Games and Jingle Greetings stamp sets from Mama Elephant along with some of my favorite dies from Simon Says Stamp and Lawn Fawn.  Pair that with crazy cute paper from Doodlebug Design and there you have it!


Materials:

  • White Cardstock: 5.5"W x 8.5"H, scored at 4.25" mark
  • Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design
  • Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Dies
  • Lawn Fawn Scalloped Rectangle Dies
  • Lawn Fawn Forest Border Die
  • Mama Elephant Reindeer Games Stamps and Coordinating Dies
  • Mama Elephant Jingle Greetings Stamps
  • Versamark Ink
  • Ranger Embossing Powder
  • Wink of Stella
  • Copic Markers
    • Antler and Cheeks: E00, E11, E13
    • Head and Body: E13, E15, E17, E18
    • Collar and Nose: R22, R24, YR15
    • Hoofs/Hooves: E89
  • Adhesive Tape Runner
  • Foam Adhesive
Directions:
  • Stamp the Reindeer stamp on some copic-friendly paper
  • Color in with copic markers and die cut.  Here are the colors I used:
    • Antler and Cheeks: E00, E11, E13
    • Head and Body: E13, E15, E17, E18
    • Collar and Nose: R22, R24, YR15
    • Hoofs/Hooves: E89
  • Add glossy accents to the nose and collar and add wink of stella across the entire reindeer
  • Die cut two rectangles from the patterned paper: larger one (red), smaller one (green)
  • Die cut one scalloped rectangle from white card stock
  • Die cut the forest border from some white card stock and use the smaller stitched rectangle to cut out the bottom so it lines up with the green paper.
  • Stamp the greeting on the forest piece with versa mark ink.  Heat emboss with embossing powder
  • Adhere all layers together.
Here is a close-up of the card:



Let me know what other cards you'd like to see this holiday season by leaving a comment below.  I'll try to incorporate your ideas into my designs.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!