Note: If you are looking for the 2015 Countdown to Xmas: 25 Days, 25 Cards - Day 1 post, click here.
Today I'm here with another 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Design Challenge. This month we're featuring some really fun digi stamps by Rick St. dennis.
Here are the challenge details:
- Blog link: The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
- Challenge dates: December 1-31, 2015
- Optional theme: "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" - if you would like to participate in the optional theme for the month, create a holiday card that showcases everyone's favorite Jolly Old St. Nicholas / Santa Claus himself! Also add "FT" after your name, so we can include it in the prize drawing. This theme is optional. You only need to follow the theme if you are interested in winning 3 digital images from Rick st. Dennis.
- As always: All card submissions (with or without optional theme) will be eligible to earn a free paper each month and some extra digital goodies.
- Guest Sponsor: Rick St. dennis (see info below).
- Additional Sponsor: Décosse's Dynamite Doodles
- Prize Info:
- From Rick St. dennis: Three (3) Digi Stamps by Rick St. dennis to one random winner chosen from those who participate in the optional theme.
- From Décosse's Dynamite Doodles:
- Prize 1: one free digital paper to EVERYONE who links up a minimum of two cards. The theme for these cards is optional
- Prize 2: a mini-set of six digital papers called Santa Claus is Coming to Town to a winner picked at random.
For some inspiration, here is the card I designed and details on how I made the card.
- Kraft card stock for card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Mistletoe Santa digital stamp from Rick St. dennis
- Santa Hat / Santa Claus is Coming to Town patterned paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles Dies
- White card stock for coloring
- Copic Markers
- Adhesive Tape Runner and Glue Dots
- Green Satin Ribbon
- Size the image of Santa and print on copic-friendly paper
- Color the image using copic markers
- Santa Hat/Suit: R22, R24, R29
- Gloves/Belt/Boots: N2, N4, N6
- Beard: C00, C1
- Fur: C1, C3
- Face: E00, E11, E13
- Mistletoe: YG13, YG17
- Berries: R29
- Cut out the image using the Simon Says Stamp die
- Print the Santa Hat Paper and trim just slightly smaller than the card base.
- Adhere the layers together.
As I mentioned above, this month's challenge is brought to you by our Guest Sponsor, Rick St. dennis. Here's some info about Rick:
- Rick St. dennis MFA has been an artist, designer, stage designer and instructor for over 45 years, you can find his full Bio here. His digital stamp images can be found on Zibbet or Etsy. Inspiration projects from the Rick St. dennis Elite Design Team can be found on the Sparkle and Glitter blog, or for the darker images on the Airless Chambers blog.
Now it's your turn! Create a holiday card and be sure to add it to the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge blog! Look forward to seeing your amazing designs!
Happy Card Making!