Tuesday, June 2, 2015

"New" Product Tuesday: Watercoloring with Distress Inks featuring Art Impressions

Hi all,

Happy Tuesday!  I'm actually posting this on a Tuesday too!  How wild is that?  I am participating in a 30-day coloring challenge by Kathy Racoosin at The Daily Marker.  I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with it, but I'm going to try my best.  I may not be posting all 30-days on my blog, but I'll try to do a weekly recap of the coloring projects I am able to complete.

Today's card features a fun stamp set I purchased from Art Impressions.  This Flower Shop TryFold stamp set is really pretty and perfect for practicing your watercoloring techniques.



I also posted a new VIDEO on YouTube that shows the making of this card.  It features fast-paced watercoloring (I wish I could color that fast in real life).  I hope you like watching it!  If the video below doesn't work, you can also watch it in HD on YouTube here.



Materials:

Directions:
  • Score the water color paper 3 5/8" from both sides so you create a card with three panels
  • Stamp the flower shop stamp in the center panel
  • Turn the paper over and stamp the flowers for sale sign on the right side (1.5" from the top) and the umbrella cart on the left side (2" from the top) close to the score mark.
  • Color the images
  • Cut around the flowers for sale sign and umbrella cart
  • Round the corners using a 1/8" corner rounder
  • Adhere onto the green card stock
  • Here are the three different panels




Hope you enjoyed this card and video!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!