Today is Father's Day in the United States and it's also the first day of summer. I decided to make a card that reminded me of my childhood swing set in our old house in Connecticut. I also tried to incorporate products from all my favorite manufacturers. Wasn't able to get everyone in, but I used as many different products as possible.
I grew up in New England. Born in Connecticut, raised in Massachusetts. In our old house in Connecticut, we had a swing set in our yard. We also had a pretty hilly front yard and a big forest in our backyard. As a little kid, I remember playing on the swing set. I don't remember exactly what it looked like, but I remember it had red and blue stripes. I was also a crabby little kid with a very short temper, but my dad (I call him Ba - short for Baba which means "father" in Chinese) is one of most patient people I know. He was able to put up with my random whims. For example, I wanted a swing set both inside and outside of the house. So my father removed one of our swings from the set and attached it to our basement ceiling... so I could swing indoors too. That's kind of random, right?
|Vintage family photo - I'm the little girl...|
- White card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Blue card stock for sky background: 4"W x 5.25"H
- Doodlebug Designs Patterned Paper fro the grass and clouds
- Swing Set: Lawn Fawn Let's Play Stamp Set
- Crab: Lawn Fawn Life is Good Stamp Set
- 'Happy' sentiment: Simon Says Stamp Happy & Smile Stamp Set
- 'Father's Day' sentiment: Mama Elephant Happy Everything Stamp Set
- Clouds: Taylored Expressions Build a Scene Clouds Dies
- Sunshine: Sizzix/Stephanie Barnard Hello Sunshine Dies
- Hills: Simon Says Stamp Stitched Slopes and Hills
- Versamark Ink Pad
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- Ranger White Embossing Powder
- Copic Markers
- Red: R22, R24, R29
- Blue: B12, B14, B16
- Grey: N0, N2, N4
- Die cut the hills from the green grass paper
- Die cut the clouds from the white polka dot paper
- Die cut the sunshine from yellow and orange yardstick
- Stamp the swing set and crab using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and color with Copic Markers
- Use the coordinating stamps to cut out the swing set.
- Fussy cut the crab
- Stamp "Happy Father's Day" on the green hill using Versamark Ink and heat emboss with White Embossing powder.
- Assemble the card according to the photo. I used foam adhesive for the Sunshine and the front hill to create more dimension.
Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there, especially my very own Baba!