One of these days, I'll get back to my normal schedule of posting on Tuesday. I had my card done and ready to go, but decided in the eleventh hour to make a video. Since I'm still new at this video thing, it took me an extra day. However, I made TWO more cards... so that's kind of a bonus, right?
This week, I am featuring the Lawn Fawn Plus One stamp and die set. This set is perfect for baby shower cards and baby cards. I wanted to make a card with a mobile that dangles in the front window, but I needed to make a mirror image of the stamp... so this was a super fun technique to try.
I also incorporated a new technique called "mirror stamping." That is, it's new to me.
I'm also submitting these cards to the Lawnscaping Challenge #106 which is all about incorporating new techniques.
I made a video for this card too. Yes, very rare for me to make videos, but I'm getting there. My BFF gave me a tripod so that helped a ton. I no longer had to tape the camera to my step stool to get an overhead shot! If you have trouble viewing this video, you can watch it on YouTube here.
- White Card base: 5.5"H x 8.5"W, scored at 4.25" mark
- Patterned paper (K&Company): 5.5"H x 4.25"W
- Pastel yellow card stock for the frames
- Lawn Fawn Plus One stamp and die set
- Sizzix Fancy Label Framelits
- Copic Markers (colors listed in the video)
- Copic Marker Hex Chart by Sandy Allnock
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Adhesive (Tombow Permanent, Tombow Removable, Scor-Tape)
- Silver Thread
- Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
- Watch my YouTube video for details on how to make this card... trust me, it's easier to follow than trying to understand the steps below! But if you want, you can keep reading below.
- Stamp the baby mobile stamp using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Create a "mirror" image of the stamp by stamping the image on the back of the smooth side of a larger stamp. You can use any stamp. I happened to have this Simon Says Stamp birthday stamp set out on my desk. Once you stamp the image on the larger stamp, carefully turn it around and stamp it on the paper.
- Outline the mirror image with the Copic Multiliner pen to darken the outline.
- Color in with Copic Markers
- BG000, BG53, BG57
- YG03, YG17, YG67
- R81, R83, R85
- Y0000, Y000, Y21
- Copic Multiliner
- Die cut the images using the coordinating die. For the mirror image, you will need to die cut from the back.
- Die cut the fancy frame label from the front of the patterned paper and the front of the card base. Also die cut four yellow frames using the same size window die and the one just slightly larger.
- Glue the mobile images to some thread and adhere to the front card base.
- Adhere the patterned paper to the front
- Add the yellow frames to the inside and outside of the card.
- Add some glitter to the pink and blue stars using the Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.
Have a wonderful week!