I was first introduced to The Stamps of Life five years ago at a Scrapbook Expo in Santa Clara, CA. I was drawn to their booth because it was covered in pink! I naturally gravitate toward anything pink. At the time, I had never heard of clear stamps. Stephanie Barnard was at her booth and walked me through how everything worked... acrylic blocks, ink pads, clear stamps, etc... and I was hooked! I love her designs and products.
Today's card features the new June release stamp set: whale2stamp. This "whale-y" fun set reminds me of whale watching near Cape Cod.
- The Stamps of Life whale2stamp stamp set
- Card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- White panel: 4"W x 5.25"H
- Sizzix/Stephanie Barnard Triple Circle Flip-its Framelits (circle dies)
- Patterned Paper (Doodlebug Designs)
- Scrap paper - shades of blue/aqua
- Adhesive Tape Runner
- Foam Adhesive
- Using different sized circle dies, cut a bunch of circles in the top part of the white card panel. I found it was easier to trace the circles first and then die cut accordingly
- Cut pieces of scrap paper and patterned paper to fill the circles
- Stamp the whale on some patterned paper and fussy cut it out.
- Cut a strip of the "wavy" paper to form an ocean.
- Glue everything in place.
- Use foam adhesive to give the whale some dimension.
Super easy, right? Enjoy!