You probably think I'm crazy and yes, this is a holiday card... in JUNE! As many of you know, I love love love the holidays. I listen to holiday music all year round. Many people get sad when the summer solstice hits because every day after June 21 gets shorter and shorter (in terms of daylight)... but for me I'm super happy because it gets closer and closer to Christmas!!
I'm also applying for the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Design Team and wanted to make a card using one of their free digital papers, so that's really why I'm posting this on my blog. Haha! If you love making holiday cards, you should apply too! The link to their site with all the call details is here.
These are the three cards I'm submitting with my application. Two of them you may recall from my 2014 Countdown to Xmas 25 Cards in 25 Days Challenge (Day 4 and Day 17). The first card is a new one for today.
Card #1 Materials:
|Card 1: Christmas in June|
|Card 2: Snowman|
|Card 3: Gingerbread House|
Card #1 Materials:
- White card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5"mark
- Green card insert: 4.25"W x 5.5"H
- Holly and Berries Digital Paper from 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
- Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods stamp and die sets
- Copic Markers
- Bird & Red Accents: R22, R24, R29
- Trees: C0, N0, N2
- Bird House: G03, G17, G25 for roof, E11, E13, E15 for house
- Sizzix Oval Framelits
- Red Ribbon
Card #1 Directions:
- Stamp the images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Color with Copic Markers and die cut using the coordinating dies.
- Cut an oval window in the center of the patterned paper and some white card stock. Make a frame using the green card stock.
- Create the scene, using foam adhesive to "pop-up" the ornament, bird and tree house.
- Glue everything to the oval white background.
- Layer the rest of the card in place.
Happy Merry June! Enjoy!