Tuesday, October 27, 2015

New Product Tuesday: Doodlebug Design Candy Stripes Washi Tape Card

Hello friends,

It has been a while since I've posted a "New Product Tuesday" project, but today's project is super fun I couldn't resist.  As some of you know, I was introduced to the planner craze a little while ago by my friend Irene at Shabby Chic Crafting.  She got me hooked on the Erin Condren Life Planner.  I've also been checking out the Emily Ley Simplified Planner and just yesterday, Sugar Paper LA announced their line of exclusive planners are coming to Target again later this week.  They have a select few planners on their website as well and I just love the patterns and colors.

However, today's post isn't really about planners.  It's about WASHI TAPE which I used in my planners.  I've been a fan of washi tape for a several years but only recently discovered skinny washi tape!  I just love this Doodlebug Design Candy Stripes Washi Tape.  I also love their bright and colorful patterned paper and embellishments.  Do you remember the Father's Day post  featuring the crab on the swing?  Well, the patterned paper I'm using in today's card is from that same "sunkissed" paper collection, but this time I'm adding washi tape and some of Doodlebug's "summer" sprinkles shapes to the mix.  SOOOO fun!

I know, I know, it's getting cold in other parts of the country, but here in Los Angeles we're experiencing 90-degree heat, so it still feels like summer!


Materials:

Directions:
  • Apply washi tape in strips across a piece of white card stock


  • Using the largest stitched rectangle die, cut out the card insert.  You'll need to run this through your die cutting machine a few times to make sure it cuts through the tape layers.
  • Glue a 3.5" square of ice cream/popsicle paper to the top center of the card.   

  • Cut a scalloped rectangle and scalloped circle from white card stock.  Cut a yellow scalloped border from two scalloped circle dies to accent the center piece. Adhere these three pieces to the center of the card using foam adhesive.
  • Add stickers to the center of the scalloped circle.
  • Add the sentiment from the sunkissed collection sticker sheet and adhere it to a piece of pink card stock.  Hand cut a fishtail at the end.
  • Add the camera sticker and adhere to the card with foam adhesive.
That's all!  Super fun and crazy cute.  I love these colors!  Happy Fall, all (even if it feels like summer outside)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!