I'm here with another 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Design Challenge. This month we're featuring some really fun digi stamps by Imagine That! Digits by Kris. I especially love their stamps for Copic coloring, especially their Snowman Trio set -- so fun and festive for the holidays!
Here are the challenge details:
- Blog link: The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
- Challenge dates: October 1-31, 2015
- Optional theme: "Christmas is a Time for Giving" - if you would like to participate in the optional theme for the month, create a Christmas card that is meant for a child between the ages of 0-12. Also add "FT" after your name, so we can include it in the prize drawing. This theme is optional. You only need to follow the theme if you are interested in the $10 Gift Certificate to the Imagine That! Digis by Kris store.
- As always: All card submissions (with or without optional theme) will be eligible to earn a free paper each month and some extra digital goodies.
- Guest Sponsor: Imagine That! Digis by Kris (see info below).
- Additional Sponsor: Décosse's Dynamite Doodles
- Prize Info:
- From Imagine That! Digis by Kris: $10 gift certificate to one random winner chose from those who participate in the optional theme.
- From Décosse's Dynamite Doodles:
- Prize 1: one free digital paper to EVERYONE who links up a minimum of two cards. The theme for these cards is optional
- Prize 2: a mini-set of six digital papers called You'd Better Not Pout to a winner picked at random.
For some inspiration, here is the card I designed and details on how I made the card.
- White card stock for card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Red and black card stock for the frames
- Imagine That! Digis by Kris Snowman Trio digital stamp
- Digital Peppermint Swirl patterned paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles
- Avery Elle Finished Frames dies
- Mama Elephant Polaroid Creative Cuts
- White card stock for coloring
- Copic Markers
- Adhesive Tape Runner
- Washi Tape
- White Gelly Roll pen
- Print the Snowman Trio digital stamp on some white copic-friendly card stock. Color in with Copic Markers. Hint: when coloring in the snowmen, I used a very light grey for accents: C00 and C1. This helps the white stand out from the background.
- Die cut the card base using the largest finished frame die.
- Die cut two polaroid frames from red and black card stock
- Assemble the layers of the card according to the picture.
- Write the word "peace" at the bottom of the frame
- Add some washi tape to the top of the frame for a finishing touch.
As I mentioned above, this month's challenge is brought to you by our Guest Sponsor, Imagine That! Digis by Kris™. Here's some info about them:
- Imagine That! Digis by Kris™ is a mother/daughter team bringing you our cutest hand-drawn images that you can flip, re-size, re-color, print and use in your crafting creations! Almost all our digi sets include both color and outline formats and include sentiments for a great value. In addition to carrying family-friendly digi stamps, we also offer digital papers and KD-Kits, all available as instant downloads! You may want to check out our Free blogwear category, as well as find freebies on our Facebook Page and join in our monthly progressive challenge where everyone who plays, Wins! You can read more about us here on our 'About the Arists' page.
Now it's your turn! Create a holiday card and be sure to add it to the 12 Month of Christmas Link Up Challenge blog! Look forward to seeing your amazing designs!
Fa la la la la - Happy Card Making!