I've been in NYC all week and just returned... so apologies for this delayed NPT post. This Tuesday was my Uncle John's birthday and I was excited to spend it with him and many family members in person. I don't head back to the east coast as often as I would like and when I do, I usually head to MA vs. NY/NJ. I was grateful to spend some quality time with family on this special occasion. We had a great reunion filled with laughter, good food and fun!
In honor of my Jersey-based extended family, I made a card using Mama Elephant (also based in New Jersey) stamps and dies. I used the Mama Elephant Up and Away stamps I featured last week and their fun Birthday script die, which is my "new" product for today. I love Mama Elephant's script word dies. I think I have all of them at this point! These work perfectly for inlays.
I had a lot of fun using my Copic markers to color in the balloons and monkey. I'm including the colors used in the list below.
- Kraft card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- White card front: 4"W x 5.25"H
- Purple card stock for the birthday die cut
- Mama Elephant Up and Away stamps and dies
- Mama Elephant Birthday script creative cuts dies
- "Happy" sentiment stamp from the Simon Says Stamp Paper Hugs stamp set
- Various colors of sequins
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Copic Markers
- Monkey Body: E13, E15, E17, E18
- Monkey Face/Tummy: E30, E42, R20
- Pink Balloons: RV21, RV23, RV25
- Purple Balloons: RV55, RV66, RV69
- Yellow Balloons: Y21, YR21, Y18
- Green Balloons: YG61, YG13, YG25
- Adhesive tape runner and foam adhesive
- Stamp the Monkey and Balloons on some scrap white card stock and color with copic markers. I listed the colors above. Use the coordinating dies to cut them out.
- Use the "birthday" die to cut out birthday at the bottom of the card and some purple card stock.
- Stamp "happy" above the birthday die cut.
- Stamp the balloons on some post-it paper to create a mask and die cut them out. This will help position the strings which are stamped directly on the white card front.
- Adhere the monkey and balloons using foam adhesive
- Adhere the purple birthday inlay into the die cut shape. Add the white cut outs for the loops in all the letters.
- Here's a close-up of the birthday inlay:
- Add the sequins. I used green, purple, gold and white sequins.
Happy Birthday, Uncle John!