Thursday, May 21, 2015

"New" Product Tuesday (on Thursday)... Birthday Greetings featuring Mama Elephant

Hi everyone,

I've been in NYC all week and just returned... so apologies for this delayed NPT post. This Tuesday was my Uncle John's birthday and I was excited to spend it with him and many family members in person.  I don't head back to the east coast as often as I would like and when I do, I usually head to MA vs. NY/NJ.  I was grateful to spend some quality time with family on this special occasion. We had a great reunion filled with laughter, good food and fun!

In honor of my Jersey-based extended family, I made a card using Mama Elephant (also based in New Jersey) stamps and dies.  I used the Mama Elephant Up and Away stamps I featured last week and their fun Birthday script die, which is my "new" product for today.  I love Mama Elephant's script word dies.  I think I have all of them at this point!  These work perfectly for inlays.


I had a lot of fun using my Copic markers to color in the balloons and monkey.  I'm including the colors used in the list below.

Materials:

  • Kraft card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
  • White card front: 4"W x 5.25"H
  • Purple card stock for the birthday die cut
  • Mama Elephant Up and Away stamps and dies
  • Mama Elephant Birthday script creative cuts dies
  • "Happy" sentiment stamp from the Simon Says Stamp Paper Hugs stamp set
  • Various colors of sequins
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic Markers
    • Monkey Body: E13, E15, E17, E18
    • Monkey Face/Tummy: E30, E42, R20
    • Pink Balloons: RV21, RV23, RV25
    • Purple Balloons: RV55, RV66, RV69
    • Yellow Balloons: Y21, YR21, Y18
    • Green Balloons: YG61, YG13, YG25
  • Adhesive tape runner and foam adhesive

Directions:

  • Stamp the Monkey and Balloons on some scrap white card stock and color with copic markers.  I listed the colors above.  Use the coordinating dies to cut them out.
  • Use the "birthday" die to cut out birthday at the bottom of the card and some purple card stock.
  • Stamp "happy" above the birthday die cut.
  • Stamp the balloons on some post-it paper to create a mask and die cut them out.  This will help position the strings which are stamped directly on the white card front.
  • Adhere the monkey and balloons using foam adhesive
  • Adhere the purple birthday inlay into the die cut shape. Add the white cut outs for the loops in all the letters.
  • Here's a close-up of the birthday inlay:
  • Add the sequins.  I used green, purple, gold and white sequins.
  • Enjoy!
Happy Birthday, Uncle John!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!