I am very excited to announce that I'm a new member of the creative JessicaLynnOriginal.com Design Team from June 2015-January 2016. We're kicking off the festivities with the "Start of the Summer" Design Team Showcase Blog Hop. Are you ready for summer? I know I am! Today we are featuring projects using the Brentwood Owl's Summertime Fun digital stamp to showcase and introduce all the DT members. BONUS: for today only, this digital stamp is available for FREE!
This fun stamp captures the essence of summer vacation and beach side adventures. You can use this digital stamp in all sorts of ways. Relax, soak up the sun and hop along with us. If you're coming from JENNIFER'S blog then you're in the right place!
I was inspired by my favorite beach vacation destination: Hawaii! Granted, I live in Southern California and our beaches here are quite nice, but there's something special about Hawaii. Life is more relaxed, peaceful and the water is gorgeous. Oh, and don't get me started on the food... yum! But I digress... back to the hop! Here's my card:
- Card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Patterned paper cut to 4.25"W x 5.5"H (Carta Bella Summer Lovin' collection)
- JessicaLynnOriginal.com Brentwood Owl's Summertime Fun digital stamp
- Aqua ribbon
- Simon Says Stamp stitched circle dies
- Acetate for the shaker window
- Assorted Sequins
- Copic Markers (colors listed below)
- Foam sheets and adhesive
- Print out the digital stamp on Copic-friendly paper
- Using Copic markers, color in the Brentwood Owl and fussy cut him out. I used a variety of colors for my image:
- Body: E13, E15, E17, E18, E30, E42
- Beak and Feet: YR21, YR15
- Coconut: E13, E15, E18
- Starfish: R20, R22
- Glasses: YG13, YG25
- Sand: E30
- I chose pink for the starfish because I kept thinking about SpongeBob's buddy, Patrick.
- Die cut the largest circle from the printed Summer Words patterned paper and tie the aqua ribbon across the front.
- Die cut the second largest circle from the green paper. Attach the owl image through the opening and then glue the acetate sheet behind him.
- For the blue bubble paper, add foam adhesive or cut a circle out of craft foam to add dimension to the shaker card. Add an assortment of sequins in beach friendly colors
- Here are the three layers of the card before I glued them together:
- Here's another look at the finished card:
Now for the fun part... PRIZES!
Did I say Prizes? Yes, indeed! You could win a prize! Let us know what you think in the comments below. Comment on each of the blogs in the hop and you'll be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate towards anything at JessicaLynnOriginal.com! After the hop, Jessica will randomly select a winner and announce the lucky person on her blog on Sunday, May 24, 2015.
Next on the hop is the talented SHARON where she has a not one, but two amazing projects showcasing all the summer fun! Thanks for stopping by and keep hopping!
Note: if you get lost along the way, or a link doesn't work, click here to see a list of the blogs!