Sunday, May 3, 2015

Happy Birthday, Jeremy - featuring Simon Says Stamp

Hello everyone,

Happy May!  Is it really May already?  Crazy!  Well, continuing with the family birthday theme, today is my nephew's birthday.  I cannot believe he's already 14 years old AND he's 6' tall.  It feels like just yesterday when he was a little toddler who drooled over everything he touched... literally.  He wore a permanent bib around his neck.  Haha!  He was (and still is) an extremely energetic kid who ran all over the place.  After spending an hour with him, I would find myself in desperate need for a nap.  I remember he used to ask my brother, "Why does Gu Gu* sleep so much?  She's ALWAYS sleeping!"

* 'Gu Gu' means 'aunt' in Chinese.

Anyhow, now he's grown into a very handsome, nice, tech savvy young man who is an amazing tennis and hockey player.  He loves red and black (or so I think because he's always wearing those colors)... so I decided to incorporate those themes into this card.


Materials:

Directions:
  • Stamp "MAKE A WISH" in Versamark Ink and heat emboss with Liquid Platinum Embossing powder
  • Stamp "It's your Birthday" in black ink underneath
  • Finally, stamp "YAY!" in red ink underneath that
  • Cut this stamped piece to a 3"x3" square
  • Using the stitched square dies, cut a piece of black yardstick.  This will be the outer frame/outline of the stamped square
  • Also use that same square die and cut a window in the red/white patterned paper.
  • Adhere all the layers to the Kraft card insert (not the folded card)
  • Punch three holes in the bottom right corner and add the three brads.
  • Glue this entire piece to the folded card.
Yay!  Happy Birthday, Jeremy!  Make a Wish!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!