Happy May! Is it really May already? Crazy! Well, continuing with the family birthday theme, today is my nephew's birthday. I cannot believe he's already 14 years old AND he's 6' tall. It feels like just yesterday when he was a little toddler who drooled over everything he touched... literally. He wore a permanent bib around his neck. Haha! He was (and still is) an extremely energetic kid who ran all over the place. After spending an hour with him, I would find myself in desperate need for a nap. I remember he used to ask my brother, "Why does Gu Gu* sleep so much? She's ALWAYS sleeping!"
* 'Gu Gu' means 'aunt' in Chinese.
Anyhow, now he's grown into a very handsome, nice, tech savvy young man who is an amazing tennis and hockey player. He loves red and black (or so I think because he's always wearing those colors)... so I decided to incorporate those themes into this card.
- Kraft card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Kraft card insert: 4.25"W x 5.5"H
- Red and white patterned paper: 4"W x 5.25"H
- Black card stock for border
- White card stock for stamped sentiments
- Simon Says Stamp stitched square die
- Simon Says Stamp Big BirthdayWishes stamp set
- Versamark Ink Pad
- Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- The Stamps of Life Strawberry Ink
- Brads (not sure where these are from... I had them in my embellishments box)
- Stamp "MAKE A WISH" in Versamark Ink and heat emboss with Liquid Platinum Embossing powder
- Stamp "It's your Birthday" in black ink underneath
- Finally, stamp "YAY!" in red ink underneath that
- Cut this stamped piece to a 3"x3" square
- Using the stitched square dies, cut a piece of black yardstick. This will be the outer frame/outline of the stamped square
- Also use that same square die and cut a window in the red/white patterned paper.
- Adhere all the layers to the Kraft card insert (not the folded card)
- Punch three holes in the bottom right corner and add the three brads.
- Glue this entire piece to the folded card.
Yay! Happy Birthday, Jeremy! Make a Wish!