Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Today's card was inspired by some cookies a friend of mine posted on Facebook. She bakes really cool decorated cookies and one in particular reminded me of this new Carta Bella die set I picked up at the Scrapbook Expo in March. First, here's the finished card.
Here are the cookies from Facebook:
|My talented friend's sea-themed cookies... they look so yummy!|
This is the Carta Bella die set I used. You can find it on Amazon:
|Image source: cartabellapaper.com|
- Kraft cardstock: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Blue and White card stock for the stripes
- Red card stock for the anchor
- Carta Bella Sea, Ship, Anchor die set
- Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle dies
- Red and white striped ribbon
- Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
- Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder
- Versamark Ink
- Cut three strips of blue and 2 strips of white card stock using the largest stitched rectangle die. Each strip measures approx. 3/4"
- Cut another 1.5" strip of white card stock for the bottom of the card.
- Cut a full rectangle from white card stock using the stitched dies.
- Glue the blue and white strips this piece of card stock.
- Cut the Anchor out in the center of the card. Also cut another anchor from the red card stock
- Emboss the sentiment on the largest white strip using the embossing powder and sentiment stamp.
- Attached the red ribbon.
- Adhere this entire card to the kraft card base. Add the red anchor at the end.
I'm also submitting a version of this card (slight alterations) for the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #225 which can be found here.
|Anchor Card Version 2: MFT Challenge|
Can you find the differences between this version and the original? I rounded the top corner and added sequins.
Ahoy, Mates! Have a great rest of your day!