Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"New" Product Tuesday: My Favorite Things Spotlight Sentiments and Baby Cards!

Hi everyone,

Ooo... I'm cutting it pretty close for today's "New" Product Tuesday post.  I believe it's already Wednesday in most parts of the world.  Oh well... at least these cards were made on Tuesday (Pacific Time).

I don't know about you, but I seem to have a lot of friends posting exciting news about new additions to their families.  Some are going to be parents for the first time, others are on their second child and beyond.  I never seem to find unique baby-themed cards in stores, so I've slowly gathered more and more baby designs.

My new product for today is the My Favorite Things Spotlight Sentiments stamp set.  I used the "Congrats" repeating stamp to make my own background paper.  From there, I used a combination of layered paper and layered die-cutting to create two cards.  This technique is so much fun.  It reminds me of building a jigsaw puzzle... only easier!

Card #1: Featuring the handmade MFT background pattern

Card #2: Using extra leftovers from Card #1

Here is the stamp set I used from My Favorite Things:


I also used the baby onesie die cut from The Stamps of Life and the "Congratulations" word die from Paper Smooches.

Materials:
  • Two white card bases: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
  • Two pink frames: 4.125"W x 5.325" H
  • Two sheets of white card stock for the plain white and patterned paper (4"W x 5.25"H)
  • Extra pink card stock for the "congratulations" die cut on the front of the cards
  • My Favorite Things: Spotlight Sentiments Stamp
  • The Stamps of Life: Baby Onesie die cut
  • Paper Smooches: Congratulations die cut
  • The Stamps of Life:  duck from the onesie4baby stamp set
  • Simon Says Stamp: Stitched Rectangle die cut
  • Tombow: Adhesive Tape Runner
  • Hero Arts: Tide Pool shadow ink pad
Directions:
  • Use the "Congrats" spotlight stamp and ink pad to create the patterned paper.  You may want to practice on some scratch paper to get the spacing right.  What's great about this stamp set is you can see through the stamp and acrylic block which helps line things up.  If your acrylic block has lines on it... even better!  Mine didn't.
  • Lay the two pieces of white card stock on top of each other.  Line up the stitched rectangle and the onesie die and run through your die cutting machine.  See below for picture.



  • Paper piece the card fronts by putting the patterned onesie on the white background paper and putting the white onesie on the congrats patterned paper.  Temporarily tape in place.  
  • Now run the "Congratulations" die across these two card fronts.  Be sure to keep all the pieces and centers of the letters.  You will need these to assemble the puzzle.
  • Die cut two "Congratulations" words from the extra pink card stock.
  • Paper piece everything together.  This is the FUN part!!
  • Glue on top of the card frame and card bases.  Now you have two baby cards to send to your friends!  Aww... how cute!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!