Today is Pi Day... March 14. And this year, Pi Day is even cooler! It's 3.14 '15. Nerdy, but cool, right? I went to a college (or an Institute) that embraces Pi Day to its fullest. Every year, the MIT Admissions committee sends their decisions out on Pi Day -- this year, they took it one step further and sent them out at 9:26am ET. 3.1415926... Here's a fun video of the announcement.
In honor of Pi Day and all those admitted to MIT this year, I created this card... using Chibitronics stickers, of course since these circuit stickers were also developed at MIT.
- Kraft card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Blue patterned paper (Echo Park): 4"W x 5.25"H
- White card stock (Neenah)
- Gold Glitter cardstock (Die Cuts with a View)
- Chibitronics LED circuit stickers in white
- Copper tape
- CR-2032 battery
- Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die
- Simon Says Stamp "Oh Happy Day" die
- Print a Pi symbol on white card stock using your computer/printer.
- Use the largest stitched rectangle die and cut out the card front
- Cut out the "Oh Happy Day" sentiment die from the gold glitter paper
- Punch holes using a 1/8" hole punch in the Pi Symbol on both the white and blue card stock
- Using a pencil, mark the holes on the kraft card base.
- Place the copper tape, Chibitronics circuit stickers and battery holder on the card base... see image below for the layout
- Add foam adhesive to the card base.
- Ta Da! It lights up.
Happy Pi Day... now, let's go eat some Pie!