Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"New" Product Tuesday: Prima/Julie Nutting Doll Stamps and Simon Says Stamp March 2015 Kit

Hello everyone,

For all you paper crafters out there, hope you had a chance to visit the Scrapbook Expo in Anaheim this past weekend.  What a fun three-day event!  Special shout out and thank you to Demo Donna from Sparkle N Sprinkle for the guest pass.  I had so much fun making projects and shopping with Irene from Shabby Chic Crafting, met new friends, spoke with some of my favorite stamp manufacturers and discovered new products to add to my collection.  Overall, a fun time... although my bank account may argue otherwise!

Over the next few weeks, actually months, I will be showcasing some of my new goodies.  Instead of making a "haul" video -- which may be embarrassing given the amount of stuff I picked up, I figure I'll gradually share with all of you.

Today's card features a Prima Marketing Julie Nutting mixed media doll stamp (Phoebe).  I think this stamp is a year old, so it's not really "new" - but as I said before, this weekly column showcases products that are new to me.  I've always wanted to try these doll stamps and paper piece the outfits.  It reminds me of the fashion plates doll kits we had as kids.  And... as a BONUS, this stamp was on sale for $3.50.  Yay!


I was also inspired by Nichol Magouirk's Paper Doll Art Journal where she uses leftover paper from her Simon Says Stamp kits to dress the dolls.  That's what I did for this card.  I used paper from the Simon Says Stamp March 2015 kit.  I am also submitting this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Here's the stamp:



Materials:

  • Black card base: 7.5"W x 9"H, scored at 3.75" mark
  • Yellow patterned paper: 3.5"W x 8.75"H
  • White card front: 3"W x 8.25"H
  • Julie Nutting Phoebe doll stamp
  • Simon Says Stamp March 2015 card kit
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Copic Markers:
    • Skin: E00, E11, E13
    • Hair: E13, E18, E39
    • Dress Accents: Y21 for the sleeves, N2 for the skirt and shirt lines
  • Stamps of Life postage2stamp set for the sentiment 
Directions:
  • Stamp the doll multiple times on patterned paper.  I used calendar paper for the main base, yellow card stock for the headband and shoe ribbons, yellow polka dot paper for the blouse and floral paper for the skirt.
  • Here's what the "mood" board looked like.  The dress pattern reminds me of something you might find in Anthropologie.  Come to think of it, I think I have a black and yellow dress from Anthro.  Haha.


  • Use Copic markers to color in the doll.
  • Use the die cut from the card kit and cut out the circles on the white card base.  Fill the holes with yellow circles.
  • Cut the pieces of the outfit and glue to the main card base.
  • Adhere the doll to the card base.  
Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. love how you colored Phoebe! You're so good with your Copics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're too kind. Still have much to learn.

      Delete

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!