Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"New" Product Tuesday: Sizzix Square Flip-Its by Stephanie Barnard

Hello everyone,

It's time for another "New" Product Tuesday.  Today I'm featuring the Sizzix Framelits Square Flip-its dies by Stephanie Barnard.  I made a series of cards.  Here's the first one:



It'll walk you through how I made this card, but before I get ahead of myself, I should show you what the die set looks like (sorry, I didn't take a picture when it was still in the packaging).


This set comes with 12 dies total!  In addition to the main flip-it die that makes the card base and the two side panels, this set also comes with nine (yes 9) different square dies.  Some of them of scalloped edges, some have dots, some have scalloped edges and dots!  So fun, right?

I started with a nostalgic birthday party scene from the Carta Bella "It's a Celebration" paper pack.  I thought the kids' faces (upper right corner) were hilarious, so I decided to cut them out and make four cards from this one scene.


Here are all of the cards (front and inside)


Materials (for one card):

  • 9"W x 6"H colored card stock for card base with hidden panel
  • 6"W x 6"H patterned paper for front side panels
  • 6"W x 6"H white cards stock for the inside hidden panels
  • Extra scraps of patterned or plain card stock for the frames
  • The Stamps of Life spinner2stamp stamp set
  • Ink or Embossing Powder for the sentiment
  • Ribbon
  • Foam Adhesive
  • Adhesive Tape Runner
  • Distress Ink
Directions:
  • These cards are soooo easy to make because everything is measured out for you
  • Use the largest die and cut the card base from plain card stock
  • Use the side panel dies and cut out the patterned paper.  I made matching side panels, but you could easily choose different patterned papers to change it up
  • Cut the kids faces from the image; ink the edges with distress ink
  • Cut a medium and large square from the dies (I mixed it up between scalloped edges and dots)
  • Adhere all the layers and attach to the card with foam adhesive
  • Stamp a sentiment from the spinner2stamp set on some white or cream card stock.  I think this stamp set is perfect for these flip-it cards.  They're the perfect size!  Cut the sentiment from a medium square.  Layer the sentiment with other colors of paper cut from the large square.
  • Adhere to the back of the flip-it square.
  • Add ribbon and there you go!  You have a Flip-it card!
  • Note: my cards also include a hidden panel.  I forgot to take pictures of the hidden panel while I was making the card, so I've included a link to Stephanie Barnard's hidden panel video.  She does a much better job at explaining this than I do anyway!  
Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. love your cards!! I think i have this too, but haven't really gotten the chance to use it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love your latest posts... can't see what you end up making with all that glitter!

      Delete

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!