Sunday, August 14, 2016

Happy Birthday, Ming and Judy | Taylored Expressions and Mama Elephant

Hi everyone!

Today (well, it was supposed to be yesterday, so I'm a day late), I'm celebrating the birthdays of two of my closest friends.  I have a really close group of friends from college that are practically my sisters (in case you couldn't tell) and two of them share the same birthday: Ming and Judy.  I call Ming, Mingy (she calls me Chrissy, so that makes sense, right?).  When I first moved to LA years ago, Mingy and Judy came to visit me for a weekend.  I was still living in a corporate apartment (I think it was literally my first weekend in LA).  They explored the city with me, looked at apartments and they even endured an ant-infested kitchen.  A few years later, we all found our way to the Bay Area and our adventures continued, separate and together.  Some weekends, Judy ventured down to the South Bay where I lived and I'd put together weekend agendas.  She said as long as I incorporated nap time, she'd be open to anything.

 Mingy is super sporty and crazy creative. She's one of the most amazing travel buddies: we've gone to such exotic places like Alaska, Hawaii (and Detroit). Haha, she's actually a jet-setter and has traveled all over the world.  She always encourages me to try new things.  I learned to fish (once or twice) with her and she taught me how to snowboard! I grew up in New England, but ice and snow were not my cup of tea.  Ming, however, who grew up on the beaches of SoCal, can play hockey, snowboard and do tons of extreme sports.

Now, they're both moms of super cute kiddies and they're both still as fun as ever.  So grateful to have two amazing lifelong friends.  Here's the card I made for them (yes, you guys have to share it -- just kidding):

Materials:
  • Mama Elephant: Girlfriends
  • Taylored Expressions: Happy New Home
  • Lawn Fawn: Stitched Hillside Borders
  • Simon Says Stamp: Stitched Squares
  • Copic Markers:
    • Girls:
      • Skin: E00, E11, E13
      • Hair: C3, C5, C7
      • Clothing: BG11, BG13, BG15, Y00, Y08, B91, B95, B87, RV21, RV23, C3, C5
    • Houses
      • Pink House: RV21, RV23, RV25
      • Yellow House: Y000, Y00, Y09
      • Aqua House: BG11, BG13, BG15
  • Distress Inks
    • Tumbled Glass
    • Cracked Pistachio
    • Pine Needles
  • Adhesive Tape Runner
  • Foam Adhesive
Directions:
Here's a close-up of the card. 


Happy Birthday, Ming and Judy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!