This post has been a long-time coming. I just started a new job and while I've still made a bunch of cards, I haven't had a chance to post them... so the good news is I have plenty of content for the weeks to come :-)
Today's card is a quick and easy shaker card using the amazing Simon Says Stamp August 2015 Summer Sunshine card kit. There are so many fun components to this kit including some delicious patterned paper (these patterns are so fun and summery), a sunshine die, puffy stickers, confetti and, best of all, a cool flip flop stamp set. As someone who prefers to wear flip flops every day of the year, this is the perfect stamp set for me!
- Card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" market
- Simon Says Stamp August 2015 Summer Sunshine card kit
- Distress Inks for the window background
- Squeezed Lemonade
- Mustard Seed
- Wild Honey
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Copic Markers
- RV21, RV23, RV25, BG000, BG10
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles and Stitched Squares die sets
- Foam Adhesive
- Acetate for window
- Stamp the flip flops onto some copic friendly card stock. Color them in and fussy cut out.
- Using the largest stitched rectangle, cut the patterned paper to make a background for the card. Glue this to the card base.
- Using two stitched squares, cut a frame to place around the shaker window. Using the negative piece (center of the smallest square), create a sunny background using distress ink blending.
- Stamp the sentiment "Life is Better in Flip Flops" - you need to partially stamp the sentiment to fit it on two lines.
- Take the square frame and glue the acetate window to the back. Add foam adhesive around the edges. Add in the confetti. Adhere the distress ink background to the back of the window.
- Glue this shaker square to the main card base.
- Shake to your heart's content.
Enjoy and Happy August!