It's been a while since I've posted a real New Product Tuesday post. I've been meaning to post it for a while and am finally catching up with all my projects. Today I am featuring the Simon Says Stamp July 2015 Card Kit. I posted an August card last week... so think of this as a quick jump back in time.
I'm heading out for a Hawaiian vacation and I thought this "Bon Voyage" sailboat card series would be a good fit. Not that I'm sailing to Hawaii, that would take FOREVER. Nonetheless, I made an entire series of cards featuring the awesome sailboat die and patterned paper that comes with the kit.
- Simon Says Stamp July 2015 Card Kit
- Sailboat die cut
- Patterned Paper
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Squares dies
- White card stock
- Foam tape
- Tons of GLUE!
- Wink of Stella Glitter pen
- Using the sailboat die cut that comes with the kit, die cut the sail boat from white card stock 24 time. Yes 24 times!
- Now die cut the sail boat from patterned paper 8-16 times. It depends on how you want to mix and match the parts of the boat
- Glue three white card stock sail boats on top of each other to make study homemade chipboard. Top each sail boat with a combination of pattered paper.
- Layer the card in the following order from bottom up:
- Card base
- Pattered square
- White small square
- Sail Boat
- Outer frame using foam adhesive to create a finished look
- Add some sparkle using the Wink of Stella glitter pen on top of each sailboat.
- This card is a simple design, but takes a while to make due to all the gluing. But the finished product is so much fun!
Here are all 8 cards:
Bon Voyage (to myself)!