Tuesday, August 11, 2015

New Product Tuesday: Bon Voyage Card Series featuring Simon Says Stamp July 2015 Kit

Hello friends,

It's been a while since I've posted a real New Product Tuesday post. I've been meaning to post it for a while and am finally catching up with all my projects.  Today I am featuring the Simon Says Stamp July 2015 Card Kit.  I posted an August card last week... so think of this as a quick jump back in time.

I'm heading out for a Hawaiian vacation and I thought this "Bon Voyage" sailboat card series would be a good fit.  Not that I'm sailing to Hawaii, that would take FOREVER.  Nonetheless, I made an entire series of cards featuring the awesome sailboat die and patterned paper that comes with the kit.


Materials:

  • Simon Says Stamp July 2015 Card Kit
    • Sailboat die cut
    • Patterned Paper
  • Simon Says Stamp Stitched Squares dies
  • White card stock
  • Foam tape
  • Tons of GLUE!
  • Wink of Stella Glitter pen
Directions:
  • Using the sailboat die cut that comes with the kit, die cut the sail boat from white card stock 24 time.  Yes 24 times!
  • Now die cut the sail boat from patterned paper 8-16 times.  It depends on how you want to mix and match the parts of the boat
  • Glue three white card stock sail boats on top of each other to make study homemade chipboard.  Top each sail boat with a combination of pattered paper.
  • Layer the card in the following order from bottom up:
    • Card base
    • Pattered square
    • White small square
    • Sail Boat
    • Outer frame using foam adhesive to create a finished look
  • Add some sparkle using the Wink of Stella glitter pen on top of each sailboat.
  • This card is a simple design, but takes a while to make due to all the gluing.  But the finished product is so much fun!
Here are all 8 cards:










Bon Voyage (to myself)!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!