Today was the perfect day for ICE CREAM. It was 90 degrees and super hot and sunny. I recently purchased the Lawn Fawn "Here's the Scoop" stamp and die set along with the Owen's ABCs stamps. They were perfect for my ice cream craving today -- and no calories! Who knew that stamping would be the best cure for sweet cravings?
I am also entering this card into the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #131. Below is the sketch that inspired this card layout. I want to scatter hearts around the card because that's how much I LOVE ice cream. I used glossy accents to help them stand out.
|CAS(E) this Sketch #131|
- White card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Peach patterned paper: 4.25"W x 5.5"H
- White card stock for the mat and the ice cream pieces
- Lawn Fawn Here's the Scoop stamp and die set
- Lawn Fawn Owen's ABCs stamp and die set
- Avery Elle Finished Frames die set
- Hero Arts Shadow Inks: Fresh Peach, Mint Julep and Butter Bar
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- ZIG Wink of Stella Pen
- Copic Markers for the cone: E50, E53, E55
- Stamp the ice cream scoop outline in black ink. Stamp the ice cream scoop filling into each outline form using each of the three stamp colors. Die cut with coordinating dies and add Wink of Stella for some shimmer.
- Stamp the ice cream cone onto some copic friendly paper. Color with copic markers
- Stamp the Y, U, M circles using the three stamp colors. Die cut with coordinating dies
- Die cut the white mat using the larger frame from the Avery Elle finished frames set.
- Adhere the ice cream scoops and YUM circles using foam adhesive.
- Stamp hearts in alternating colors around the sentiment and cone. Finish with Glossy Accents and allow to dry.
- Assemble all the layers. YUM!
Here's a close-up of the card so you can see the detail:
Now, who's in the mood for ice cream???