So... I'd like to share a few new card designs to ring in the 2015! I will also have a few other goodies to report this month, so check back often!
For these cards, I used the same materials and made three different layouts. They're related, yet unique. This is a great way to stretch your supplies too!
- Kraft card stock base - 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Blue card stock base - 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- White card stock base - 5.5"W x 8.5"H, scored at 4.25" mark
- Three white card fronts - 4"W x 5.25"H
- Strips of patterned patterned paper in varying sizes
- Strips of purple and kraft paper to balance out the patterned paper
- Mama Elephant Happy Script die cut
- Adhesive Tape Runner
- Glue Dots (Micro)
- I did not have a "new year" stamp, so I printed "NEW YEAR" on some white card stock and cut it down to size
- Cut the "happy" die cut from three pieces of patterned paper and the three pieces of white card stock pre-printed with "new year"
- Insert the patterned paper "happy" into the white card insert and add back the white loops and holes from the letters (i.e. the loops in the 'h' and 'y') to fill the negative space.
- Cut the patterned paper strips to fit the width or height of the card, depending on your layout. Frame with the solid paper (purple or craft).
- Add ribbon to enhance the strips of paper.
- Adhere everything to the card base.
- Sprinkle sequins and adhere with glue dots
Super fast, simple and easy! Happy New Year! May your 2015 be filled with fun, laughter, good health and good times!