I made a video that highlights the steps for making this card. I also included directions below.
- Black card base: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- White card insert: 4"W x 5.25"H
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Retro Stars
- Gold Glitter Paper - 1"W x 3.25"H
- Black Paper Strip - 1.25"W x 3.5"H
- My Favorite Things Bright Lights Numbers Die-namics Set
- Sizzix Dies from Triple Circle Flipits Die Set (Scalloped and Pierced Circles)
- Paper Source Labels - 1.25" Circle Labels
- Chibitronics White LED lights
- Chibitronics Copper Tape
- Battery (CR2032)
- Battery Holder - black paper cut to 1"Wx 2"H
- Use the embossing folder and emboss the white card stock
- Die cut the numbers 2, 0, 1, 5 from black paper
- Cut a fish tail (a "v") from the bottoms of the gold glitter and black strips of paper.
- Temporarily place the die cut numbers on the gold glittered paper and mark the placements of the LED lights accordingly. I chose random placements, but you could keep them all in the same spot if you'd like (i.e. top most dot on each number).
- Punch holes through the gold, black and white embossed papers to match the LED placements.
- Mark the holes on the black card base.
- Layout the copper tape, battery holder and LED stickers according to the design below. The LED stickers match the pencil marks for the holes.
- Add foam tape around the edges of the card to provide dimension and even out the battery section.
- Layer all the pieces of paper on the white card stock. Make sure the holes line up and the light shine through.
- Print "happy new year" onto a circle label. Die cut the pierced circle and scalloped circle from the gold and black pieces of paper. Layer together and adhere to front of the card with foam adhesive.
Happy New Year! Hope it's super and bright!