Monday, July 18, 2016

Donut Worry, Be Happy (Get Well Card for myself) | Lawn Fawn & Mama Elephant

Hi everyone,

Today's card is a little different from all the other cards I've made.  I love making cards for people and lately, I love making YouTube videos to go with the cards because I have so many stories to share about all the wonderful family and friends in my life.  But today's card is one I made for myself.

By the time you read this post, I'll most likely be at the hospital getting ready for, in or recovering from surgery.  I've been anticipating this date for a while now and although it's a major procedure, I know it's for the best in the long-run.  My dad flew back from Massachusetts to be here with me in LA.  My boyfriend and childhood best friend will both be on-call for moral support and to handle whatever comes up.  My aunt Grace (remember the flower card) is also flying in on Tuesday.  The rest of my family is sending love and support from all parts of the country and internationally (I have a jet-setting family).  My aunt and uncle just drove to MA to keep my mom company too.

My wonderful friends have sent me tons of good positive healing thoughts and my co-workers gave me the sweetest send off last week and wished me a speedy recovery.  I can't wait to share what they gave me in one of my upcoming videos.  So needless to say, I'm surround by tons of love and support.

I'm a bit nervous about the operation. I have a wonderful surgeon and care team, but I'm more nervous about the pain and recovery.  I am not a fan of pain... even tiny pin pricks make me wince.  So, I decided to make myself a card that says "Donut Worry" - using the awesome Donut Worry stamps from Lawn Fawn.

Materials:
  • Lawn Fawn: Donut Worry stamps and dies
  • Lawn Fawn: Treat Yourself stamp
  • Lawn Fawn: Let's Polka in the Meadow patterned paper
  • Mama Elephant: Polaroid Fun die cut
  • Simon Says Stamp: Stitched Rectangle die cut
  • Copic Markers
    • Donut base: E53, E55
    • Chocolate: E55, E57, E59
    • Strawberry: RV21, RV23, RV35
    • Vanilla: E50
  • Sakura: White Gel Pen
  • Ranger: Liquid Platinum embossing powder
  • Ranger: Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick
  • Foam Adhesive
  • Adhesive Tape Runner
Directions:
  • Please watch my YouTube video to see how I made this card. It's super quick and easy (only 6 minutes... yes, I sped up parts of it).
Click the image to watch how I make this card on YouTube
Wish me luck! I appreciate all your happy thoughts and prayers.  Thank you so much and see you soon!  In the meantime, it may take me a while to respond to comments, but I do love all comments, so I will read every single one of them and respond when I'm able.

Love,
Christina






2 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Wishing you a speedy recovery and saying prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Charity! My recovery has been great so far :-)

      Delete

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!