Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day | A Balloon Shaker Card | Mama Elephant

Hello everyone!

Hope you're enjoying the summer heat.  Here in Los Angeles, we're supposed to have a 100+ degree heat wave these next few days.  Thank goodness for air-conditioning!

I have a very special Father's Day card to share with all of you.  For the past three weeks, my father (I call him "Ba") has been visiting me in Los Angeles.  It's been a few years since he's visited LA.  Usually he goes to the Bay Area to see my brother's family and I fly up there, or I head home to Boston to see my parents.  But this trip was special.  He came out here to spend time with me and help me get through some health stuff.  I had multiple visits to the doctor/hospital and he helped with a lot of the driving... which is never fun in LA.  He told me fun stories of the past, packed my lunch, cooked dinner -- it was as if we traveled back in time to my middle school days!

At the very young age of 79, Baba still isn't fully retired and he is constantly staying sharp learning new things.  He keeps me posted on new developments in fields like artificial intelligence or robotics.  He can keep himself busy with tons of hobbies from building robots to cooking to e-learning to calligraphy!  Yup, Baba crafts too!  So, here's the card I made for him.  The video tutorial is a "must-see" video too because it features Baba opening the card and some other fun antics!  Hope you enjoy it!


Materials:
  • Mama Elephant: Girlfriends stamps and dies
  • Mama Elephant: Carried Away stamps and dies
  • Mama Elephant: Ella & Friends stamps and dies
  • Mama Elephant: Hello Everything stamps
  • Mama Elephant: Sew Fancy dies
  • Simon Says Stamp: Happy and Smile
  • Copic Markers:
    • Skin: E00, E11, E13, R20
    • Hair: C3, C5, C7
    • Dress: BG11, BG13, BG15, RV21, RV23, RV25
    • Mouse: R20, C00, C1, C3
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Ranger Embossing Powder: Liquid Platinum
  • Versamark Ink
  • Distress Ink: Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar
  • Foam Adhesive
  • Adhesive Tape Runner
  • Acetate sheet
Directions:
Click the image to watch me make this card on YouTube

Here's a picture of my father with the card!


Happy Father's Day, Ba!

Love,
Christina





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the video of your Baba opening his Father's Day card. Enjoy your dad as much as possible because he is precious to our past and future lives. Your card is precious too.

    ReplyDelete

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!