Today is my mother's birthday! My mom is so great about remembering everyone's birthday and never forgets to send a birthday card on time (in fact, it usually arrives early). Her daughter (me), however, tends to prefer "just-in time" production... and so... Mama, here's your birthday card via YouTube (video here) and on my blog. It will be arriving via snail mail shortly. Since the card is for my mom, I figured Mama Elephant products would be perfect. In addition, Mama Elephant just release a new stamp set last week featuring this super cute bunny rabbit named Pix. I was born in the year of the Rabbit, so this stamp set was just calling out to me!
- Mama Elephant: Pix Favorites stamps and creative cuts
- Mama Elephant: Framed Tags Columbus Circle creative cuts
- Mama Elephant: Fine Trimmings creative cuts
- Mama Elephant: Pop-Up Trio creative cuts
- Mama Elephant: Ella & Friends stamps and creative cuts
- Lawn Fawn: Scalloped rectangle stackables dies
- Lawn Fawn: Chit Chat stamps and dies
- Sizzix: Circle dies
- Two white card bases: 4.25"W x 11"H, scored at 5.5" mark
- Extra card stock for copic coloring
- My Mind's Eye Fancy That patterned paper, trimmed to 4.25"W x 5.5"H
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Simon Says Stamp: Lake Shores Hybrid Ink
- Versafine Ink (Clear)
- Ranger Embossing Powder (Liquid Platinum)
- Martha Stewart Crafts Heat Tool
- Copic Markers
- Wink of Stella
- Adhesive Tape Runner, Glue Dots, Foam Adhesive
Directions via YouTube:
- There are many steps used in making this card. It's easier to watch the YouTube video here to see how I made it.
- Stamp all the images on Copic-friendly paper and color with Copic markers. Use the coordinating die-cuts to cut everything out.
- For the inside of the card
- Use the Lawn Fawn scalloped rectangle and partially die-cut the interior card
- Use the medium Pop-Up Trio die to cut the pop-up in the middle of this interior card.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside and heat emboss with Versamark Ink and embossing powder
- Also heat emboss the "Happy Birthday" chit chat stamp
- Adhere the party hat to the sitting bunny and attach the whole thing to the pop-up die cut
- Adhere the speech bubble using foam adhesive
- Glue the inside of the card to the outer card base
- For the front of the card:
- Use the Columbus Circle die to cut a window from the patterned paper
- Use the Fine trimmings to add stitching to the top and bottom of the paper
- Use the Sizzix circle die to cut a circle from white card stock; gently ink blend this circle using the Simon Says Stamp Lake Shores ink and glue to the front of the card
- Tie a ribbon to the bottom of of the patterned paper
- Using foam adhesive, attach the patterned paper to the front of the card
- Attached the bunny with the heart to the front window using foam adhesive
- Finish with Wink of Stella glitter pen
Have a wonderful, happy birthday, Mama!