Sunday, April 24, 2016

A Floral Thank You Card featuring the Simon Says Stamp April 2016 Card Kit

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share this fun floral thank you card that I made with the April 2016 Simon Says Stamp Card Kit.  I made this card for my aunt and uncle who came to visit me a few weeks ago.  They have the most beautiful garden in New Jersey, so I thought these floral stamps and paper would be a perfect fit.

I am also trying to make more YouTube videos, so you can watch my process video for this card here:


Materials
Directions:
  • Die cut the front panel using the stitched rectangle, stitched hillside border and thanks dies
  • Stamp the flowers using the Simon Says Stamp Birthday Flowers stamp set that comes with the kit. Layer different colors of ink.
  • Stamp the leaves and center of the flowers.  Add some dots using Stone ink for added effect.
  • Place a heart sticker in the lower right
  • Add Glossy Accents the flowers and the heart
  • Glue the centers of the letter (the "innards") to the patterned paper using the thanks cut out as a guide.
  • Prop the front panel up using foam adhesive
  • Adhere everything to a red card base.  Add a piece of white card stock on the inside of the card to write a message.
  • Here is a close-up of the card:


Oh, and here's a picture of their garden that I took last year.  Isn't it pretty?



Thanks for visiting, I-e-lu and Uncle John!

Love,
Christina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!