Happy 2016, everyone!
Today I'm here with another 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Design Challenge. I know, I know -- you're all thinking, what? Christmas already? But yes, at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up, we celebrate Christmas ALL YEAR ROUND! So you still have a great excuse to be playing Christmas Carols on your Playlists!
This month we're featuring some really fun digi stamps by Ike's Art.
Here are the challenge details:
- Blog link: The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
- Challenge dates: January 1-31, 2016
- Optional theme: "Sketch Challenge" - if you would like to participate in the optional theme for the month, create a holiday card that follows the sketch below! Also add "FT" after your name, so we can include it in the prize drawing. This theme is optional. You only need to follow the theme if you are interested in winning a $15 Gift Certificate from Ike's Art.
- As always: All card submissions (with or without optional theme) will be eligible to earn a free paper each month and some extra digital goodies.
- Guest Sponsor: Ike's Art (see info below).
- Additional Sponsor: Décosse's Dynamite Doodles
- Prize Info:
- From Ike's Art: A $15 Gift Certificate from Ike's Art for one random winner chosen from those who participate in the optional theme.
- From Décosse's Dynamite Doodles:
- Prize 1: one free digital paper to EVERYONE who links up a minimum of two cards. The theme for these cards is optional
For some inspiration, here is the card I designed and details on how I made the card.
- White card stock for card base: 5.5"W x 11"H, scored at 4.25" mark
- Blossom 1 digital stamp from Rick St. dennis
- Merry Mix 1 patterned paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles Dies
- Spellbinders Oval Floral Dies
- Sentiment from Mama Elephant (Mini Messages)
- Teal Cardstock
- White card stock for coloring
- Copic Markers
- Adhesive Tape Runner and Glue Dots
- Maroon Pearl Embellishments
- Size the image of the Blossoms and print on copic-friendly paper (I reduced this to 10% due to the size of my dies
- Color the image using copic markers
- Blossoms: R0000, R81, R83, R39
- Stem: E59, RV99
- Cut out the image using the Simon Says Stamp die
- Trim some pieces of the patterned paper to match.
- Adhere the layers together.
I loved the Blossom 1 image so much, that I made an additional bonus card here:
As I mentioned above, this month's challenge is brought to you by our Guest Sponsor, Ike's Art. Here's some info about Ike:
- From Ike: "I live in Greece and have a passion for kitties ☺ I am a complete nutter or should I say I’m ‘zany’ hahaha. I have a very strange/sick sense of humour and I must admit I spend a lot of time talking to myself. !! Well, I get more sense out of me.! I reckon in a few years I shall be known as the “crazy cat lady” ☺ I am an artist and have a strange mind when it comes to creating my art. I either go completely true to life… right down to the last hair… or I go totally surreal. I have a passion for all things horror/Gothic etc. I’ve always loved horror films and books and I guess that’s why it creeps into my stuff ! Had I been a bit younger I swear I would have been a Goth……luuuuuv it. Next time around I am gonna be a witch or a cat ☺ I started my Blog a couple of years ago and although I love crafting, my real passion is drawing, and now I just love making digital images."
- You can browse Ike's Art for sale at her shop. You can also follow her on her main blog here, or enter challenges on her challenge blog here.
Now it's your turn! Create a holiday card and be sure to add it to the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge blog! Look forward to seeing your amazing designs!
Happy Card Making!