Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Halloween Goodness: Trick or Tea!

Greetings everyone!

This is a project from last year, but I thought I'd share it given Halloween is just around the corner.  It seems fitting that Halloween is synonymous with candy (or in my case, bubblegum).  I hosted a party back East for my parents.  There really wasn't a theme for the party -- it was just an excuse for old friends to gather together and eat (a lot) of food.  Considering my parents and practically 99.9% of their friends don't go trick or treating on Halloween night I figured it would be a nice touch to surprise all the guests with a trick or treat party favor.

I wanted to give them something practical and since we're Asian, I decided to go with these wicked cute mini teapots which can double as soy sauce holders (or cream or oil or vinegar), but I like to call them soy sauce teapots.  Aren't they cute?

Teapot with Pumpkin Tag
Teapot with Black Cat tag











I made a tag using my awesome Sizzix Big Shot machine, added some cute Halloween stickers I picked up at a scrapbook show, added some baker's twine and voila!  They look like little teabag tags hanging off the side.  The ribbon was an extra bonus to add color to the overall display.  The back of the tags read "Happy Halloween! Thanks for coming."

Materials used:

  • Mini Teapots (approx 2.5"H x 4.5"W, available at my favorite site for favors: beau-coup.com
  • Orange grosgrain ribbon (1/4 inch wide)
  • Sizzix Big Shot (scallop circle framelit dies)
  • Cardstock (orange, black and kraft)
  • Baker's Twine in Mandarin Orange (from The Twinery)
  • Halloween stickers (sorry, don't remember the brand of stickers...)
  • 1.25" circle labels for the back (from Paper Source - one of my favorite paper stores)
  • Glue and tape
Enjoy and Happy Halloween!

Teapot Mania!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Look forward to your feedback and any fun ideas I should incorporate into my card designs. Or just say hello!